Friday, October 30, 2009

Chapter 3-How the hell did he get her number?

One day DeAnna heard her cell phone ring. Normally she just flipped it open to answer it but something deep down told her to look at the caller ID. It was Joff.

“How the hell did he get my number,” DeAnna thought to herself as she flipped open the phone to answer it.

“Hello,” DeAnna said.

“Hey how have you been,” Joff said on the other line.

“I’m doing okay but can I ask you something,” DeAnna said.

“Sure,” Joff said knowing what she was going to say.

“How the hell did you get my number,” DeAnna said out of curiosity.

“Um…when we met in the restaurant before the game and you went to the bathroom, I kind of hacked into your phone and got your number out of your phone,” Joff said, “please don’t think I am crazy.”

“Wow you Flyers are sneaky little douche bags,” DeAnna said laughing on the other end.

“Well jeeze thanks but you are the one that chose to come up to me and get the autograph in the restaurant,” Joff said, “after all you did tell me that you thought I was cute.”

“…And you are never going to let me live that one down if we become friends now are you,” DeAnna said hoping that Joff would catch her emphasis on the words become friends.

“Well, well, well is little Miss Pittsburgh Penguins wishing to be friends with a Flyer,” Joff said sarcastically.

“Eww and you called me sarcastic,” DeAnna said.

“Touché,” Joff said laughing, “listen I wanted to call and ask you if it would be okay if we met up tonight.”

“Umm…I’d have to check with my mom but I don’t see a problem,” DeAnna said, “I do have to be home before eleven though because I got school tomorrow.”

“That’s fine,” Joff said, “go ask your mom then call me back.”
“Alright will do,” DeAnna said hanging up the phone, “bye Joffrey Zoolander.”

“You even know one of my nicknames,” Joff said, “WOW!”

“Yeah well if we keep talking I won’t be able to ask my mom about tonight so if you keep flattering yourself with my comments we won’t have anytime to do anything,” DeAnna said.

“Alright call me back,” Joff said, “good bye.”

“Bye,” she said hanging up the phone.

DeAnna sat on her bed with her cell phone in her hand tapping it on her face as she just thought about what had happened. She flipped open the phone and began to text her best friend, Nicole.

“Hey dude what’s up?”

“Hey man nothing much, you?”

“Joff called and he wants to go hang out tonight.”

“Dude are you freaking kidding me?”

“I am so not kidding you…he just called me and asked if we could meet up tonight.”

“Wait how in the hell did he get your number?”

“He told me that when I went to the bathroom the other night in the restaurant he went into my phone and got it out through my settings.”

“Wow what a creeper, are you going to go?”

“I don’t know I still have to ask my mom and besides if I go out with him tonight, I don’t want him to think that it is a date.”

“True but I say just go for it. Go ask your mom if you can go then text me to let me know what she says.”

After DeAnna read Nicole’s last text message she went to the downstairs and saw her mother cooking in the kitchen.

“Mom,” DeAnna said, “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” her mom said, “what is it?”

“That Flyers guy that we had dinner with the other night,” DeAnna said, “you know Joffrey Lupul.”

“Yeah,” her mom said, “I know who he is, why?”

“Well he just called me and asked if we could go do something tonight,” DeAnna said, “he’s in town for a few more days and he can’t stand hanging out with the team anymore.”

“You know how I am with you going out by yourself, but since he is an adult, I’ll let you go,” her mom said, “but on one condition you have to call me to check up, and you have to be home before eleven.”

“Alright thanks mom,” DeAnna said hugging her mother.

DeAnna flipped open her phone and dialed Joff’s number.

“Mom is going to kill me for the long distance phone call, but oh well who cares,” DeAnna thought to herself.

“Hello,” Joff said, “are you allowed to go tonight?”

“Yeah I’m allowed to go,” DeAnna said, “do you want me to meet you at the hotel or do you want to come and get me?”

“Well, I don’t have my car with me,” Joff said, “Do you think you can meet me down here?”

“Yeah sure,” DeAnna said, “that’s not a problem I’ll have somebody drive me down.”

“Alright I’ll see you at six,” Joff said, “When you get here I guess we’ll get a cab to the movies.”

“Alright sounds good,” DeAnna said, “see you at six.”

DeAnna and Joff both hung up the phone smiling. They knew this was the beginning of a long-term friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment